Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday Post


So I discovered this Meme through Sandy at Somewhere Only We Know and I am super excited about it. Sunday is my main day for blogging since I am usually so busy during the week. I always type up my TTT on Sundays and then set them to post on Tuesday (that's why my TTT usually post at ridiculous early hours!) The Sunday Post is "a chance to share news. A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead."
So here is my first Sunday Post and I think I picked a super week to start it! Enjoy!

This past week (October 28 - November 3)
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday- To get you into the Halloween spirit I presented my list of the top ten Scariest Book Covers!
Thursday: Happy Halloween! My Halloween was great. This is my favorite holiday of the year and it didn't disappoint this year at all. We only had three trick-or-treaters, but that is three more than we have had in the last two years! I made mummy hot-dogs, G came home early to celebrate with me and we watched the classic Hocus Pocus and It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. I had so much Halloween going on that I didn't have any time for reading. I was zapped of energy on Friday though, since I stayed up past my normal bedtime to celebrate!
Saturday: I woke up eager to do some book shopping (since I got paid on Thursday) and I headed down to The Last Word, a used bookstore in Charlotte. While here I picked up two Hole CD's (talk about a throwback Saturday! #ILoveThe90's!), A Super Mario game for my DS, Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz, Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins and Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr.
I then headed to my local Target to pick up some supplies and I was lucky enough to find more of the HeroClix foil pack pieces (it's a nerdy superhero role playing game I play) in the dollar bin! (The foil packs are normally $3.50 so this is always a huge find when I spot them in the $1 section!) So I bought all ten that they had! I wanted to see what they had available in their book section, but they have now moved the YA books to a tiny little corner and the pickin's were slim, to say the least. I'm very disappointed, Target! Saturday night I finally finished The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black and I was able to start Diamonds are a Teens Best Friend, which I got from NetGalley,by Allison Rushby. So far, it's cute fluff and I'm not that into it. It's only 107 pages though, and I am half-way through it, so I hope to be done tonight.
Sunday: My review of The Coldest Girl in Coldtown.

Next Week (November 4-10)
I hope to finish Diamonds Are A Teen's Best Friend and get that reviewed. I need to start some other books that I have been sent either by the author (Valley of Dust- sent to me OVER A YEAR AGO to review) or books that I got from Net Galley (The Summer I Found You by Jolene Perry and Secret Lies by Amy Dunne). I also want to start one of the books that I got Saturday at The Last Word and I STILL have not started Insurgent! Gah!!
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday: Sequels I am super excited for. (I only have seven so far)
Friday: After school G and I are driving to Charleston for Yallfest and I couldn't be more excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment