Friday, November 15, 2013

#FridayReads 11/15/13

     I've been reading The Summer I Found You by Jolene Perry (who has got some wicked cool style! I have been stalking her on her blog, GoodReads and Twitt-ah this week) the past three days. I've got an ARC of it from NetGalley on my Nook. So far I'm enjoying it; it's a nice distraction for a few minutes a day (which is all I've had time for this week. Ugh.)
      Kate is a high school senior who was just dumped by her boyfriend and diagnosed with Type I Diabetes. Aiden is the cousin of Kate's best friend. Aiden has just returned from Afghanistan where he has lost an arm. He is now living over Kate's parent's garage, missing his arm, and suffering from a major case of survivor's and I'm not dying to jump back in and find out what's going to happen- I'm pretty certain that I already know what's going to happen. I'm hoping to finish it up this weekend and then get to one of the books I bought at Yallfest last weekend (which, by the way was a huge blast (and I got a favorite from Rainbow Rowell, a favorite from Margaret Stohl, a retweet from Michael Johnston and a reply from Marie Lu!))!
guilt. I'm at the point in the book now where Kate and Aiden are starting to hangout more and more and you can tell that they are on the cusp of falling in love. Ahh- young love! It's a cute, light, fluffy read. It's taking me a while to read it because this week has been a long and crazy one
     On a different note, I did finish Insurgent this week and boy did I enjoy that one! I gave that one a solid four stars over on GoodReads. Add me as a GR friend and keep up with what all I'm reading throughout the week!
                          Happy Friday, Readers-have a fabulous weekend. And don't forget to tell me- what are YOU reading this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the festival was a huge success! It's always nice when authors communicate via Twitter, I think.

    Yesterday evening I finished a book and decided to pick a non-fiction one next, it's called Escape from Camp 14: One Man's Remarkable Odyssey from North Korea to Freedom in the West (what a title, eh), it's about the man who managed to escape a North Korean labour camp, quite a depressing read. After that I will pick up something lighter.

    Have a nice weekend and I hope you can fit in some more reading :)

    ReplyDelete