Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mini Book Haul

Today is day one of my three day weekend and when we woke up this morning both Geoff and I realized that we wanted to do something today instead of our usual Saturday sitting around the house (and this is the only day that Geoff has off during the three day weekend) so we got rolling and Geoff was finally able to show me where he works at and I was able to get a bottle of blueberry wine there! Then went to several other places in Charlotte, but best of all places was The Last Word, a used bookstore. I would say it's one of my favorite used book stores, but it's really not. They don't have near as much stuff as Ed McKay and their prices aren't nearly as great, but I was able to find a few things that tickled my fancy and so here is my mini-book haul for the weekend:



Emma by Jane Austen (For Jane in June/Austen in August)
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen (For Jane in June/Austen in August)
Persepolis:The Story of A Childhood by Marjane Satrapi
Where'd You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple (I'm leading a discussion on this one for September's Book Club!)
and
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach

No comments:

Post a Comment