Sunday, May 19, 2013

Classics Club Spin #2

I missed the first Classics Club Spin completely. I saw people tweeting about it and I have to admit that I had no clue what it actually was. I have been so lax in blogging and keeping up with my clubs and challenges that I'm in, but since summer is rearing its beautiful head I am finally getting back into the swing of things and I'm participating in Spin #2.

So here is how it goes:
Below I have picked twenty books still unread from my Classics Club TBR List.
The books are divided into categories: Five books I am dreading to read, Five books I can't wait to read, Five books I am neutral about and Two re-reads and Three Jane Austen books. I'm hopeful that the number picked will be a Jane Austen so that I can read it for Jane In June and kill a few birds with one stone.
The list is supposed to be up by tomorrow morning (May 20). I almost missed this round of Classics Club Spin as well, but thank goodness I was trolling Roof Beam Reader and discovered it just in the nick of time!
Now, the challenge is to read this book by July 1, EVEN IF it is one of my first five books (the ones that I am dreading!).
I figure I've got plenty of time to do this so I am not too worried about it. I am a little concerned of the possibilities of it being one of those "books I'm dreading" especially #'s 1, 2 and 5! I think it's going to be fun though and I am excited to see what number we get tomorrow morning! Tomorrow is out first round of End-of-Grade state-mandated tests so I might not get to check the number until lunchtime, but I am eager to get started!


Books I Am Dreading:
1. Les Miserables
2. Scaramouche
3. Tropic of Cancer
4. Cranford
5. Les Liaisons Dangereuses

Books I Feel Neutral About:
6. The Phantom of the Opera
7. Watership Down
8. Peter Pan
9. Bleak House
10. Vanity Fair

Books I can't wait to read:
11. Tess of the D'Urbervilles
12. Lolita
13. Wuthering Heights
14. Brideshead Revisited
15. The Godfather

Re-reads and Jane Austen (to help with Jane in June, perhaps?)
Re-reads:
16. Anne of Green Gables
17. Gone With The Wind
Jane Austen:
18. Mansfield Park
19. Persuasion
20. Northanger Abbey

4 comments:

  1. I also dread Cranford for some reason (although it is a very slim volume). You have some really good books listed here, I hope the Spin number will be good for you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing a few people adding Watership Down and Anne of Green Gables on their lists. Your list looks great. I hope you end up with a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cranford is really good! No need to dread it. It's easy to read and very entertaining.
    You can't go wrong with Austen either. Hope you get a good one on the spin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "books I can't wait to read" list is absolutely fitting! Every single book on that list is incredible - I really hope you get one! Of course, you have a lot of great titles in the other categories, too.

    Tropic of Cancer is wild - very graphic. Les Miserables is one of my favorites and Cranford was really good, too. I didn't love Watership Down as much as many people seem to, but it was good.

    I haven't read Persuasion, yet (I'll be reading it for Austen in August this year, with Emma), but Northanger Abbey is my favorite and Mansfield Park, though slow, is rather genius. If you still have any desire to read Austen after June, feel free to join us for Austen in August! :)

    ReplyDelete