Monday, February 11, 2013

Reader, I need YOUR help!

If you're reading this, I need your help!
I entered my school (I'm a middle-grades Librarian) into a contest to earn some money to buy some books (our libraries collection is pitiful). Since you got to my blog by loving literature somehow, you know how important instilling a love of literature is, especially with children. It's kind of hard to do that when we only have a few old books that they aren't even interested in! We're in the running for the prize, but I need as many votes as I can get to boost us up. My school is in a tiny town in North Carolina and we are up against some HUGE distrcits like LA and Las Vegas so I'm solisiting votes any way I can!
This will be quick and painless, people:
1. Go to http://www.follettchallenge.com
2. Search for "The Illustrated Springsteen Project" (yes, my students did a HUGE project on Mr. Bruce Springsteen, how cool is THAT?!- check the video out to see just how cool it was!)
3. Click the red "vote now" tab and enter as many email addresses as you use.
It's THAT easy. I'm thinking of having some kind of contest where I will give you a gift certificate to the Book Depository for entering for me. More to come on that later!
Thanks to all who help me out with this!
-Victoria

1 comment:

  1. I voted! It says you can come back and enter once a day so I'll try and remember to do that for you. :)

    ReplyDelete